Monday, September 3, 2012

One down, forever to go.

Hello! This week has been a really crazy busy week. We are trying to buy a house and are waiting for a few things to finalize before we can start the closing process. Our lease ended on our apartment so we moved into the basement of Ben's parent's house until we can move into our house. We have known that we were going to do this for almost the whole month of August and yet the end of the month has come and gone and we still are not finished completely moving out of the apartment. Ugh. But on a happier note, Monday marked our one year anniversary!
After I got home from a very long day at work, I was surprised with  anniversary roses! Ben arranged them himself! He is so proud. Ben also got me a beautiful bow necklace from here. That too was supposed to be a surprise but I had the iPad when he bought it and a notification popped up that there was an Esty sell so naturally I assumed I sold something from my Etsy shop. I stared at that email for a while very confused until I read the note from my husband to the seller stating that it was an anniversary present. Oops. I felt really bad until the exact same thing happened when I purchased his present from Etsy. I guess we shouldn't buy each other things from Etsy if it is supposed to be a surprise. 
After gifts we headed down town to The Blue Lemon for some yummy food. From the outside this place looks pretty fancy and it kinda is. It is like a fancy cafe...that sells steak. I don't know but Ben and I decided that we would go back for their delicious salads. For dessert we went to Kneaders. I LOVE Kneaders. Their food is so fresh and amazing. Ben ordered a Boston Cream Cupcake and I ordered a Burnt Almond Fudge Cheesecake (Heaven) to go. 

We had made these plans a couple months ago when we were walking around down town one day, and our plan to finish our day was to take a horse drawn carriage ride. Neither one of us had ever done it and wanted to try it at least once. The only problem was that they were no where to be found when we were ready. We walked around for a while trying to find one and finally gave up and were heading back to the car when we spotted one. Hooray! We ate our yummy dessert and enjoyed each others company as we rode around Temple Square and through Memory Grove. It was beautiful. Our horse was named Rex and he was hilarious. He almost ran over an old lady in the cross walk. Which I guess maybe I shouldn't find funny...oh well.


We headed home kinda early since both of us had to work the next day but we had such a great time together. This past year has been a huge learning experience but so worth it. People say the first year of marriage is the hardest and I will definitely say that marriage takes work, but I also believe that this past year has been the best of my life. I can't wait to spend forever with this man. 


Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment