Tuesday, September 18, 2012

DIY Braided Rug

I am finally finished! I have been working on my very own braided rug for a couple weeks now. I have always loved this type of rug and dreamed of making my own, but I had no idea where to start (story of my life), until I saw this tutorial on A Beautiful Mess.

The hardest part about making this, is the braiding. It took forever. I could only braid for so long before my hands would start to ache. After the first braiding session, I realized this might take a while. So in the evening I would put in a movie and braid. I even persuaded Ben to help braid (he was surprisingly pretty good).

In the end, I am extremely happy with the results. It turned out good enough that I can't stop showing people pictures of it. I can't wait to move in to our house and find the perfect spot for this.


Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment